Not too long ago, regulations on CBD changed in Germany leading to a plethora of products containing it. As someone who occasionally needs pain medication, I tried some of the products to avoid regular pain killers (ibu). Especially on days with lighter pain, I wished for an alternative to the sledgehammer meds. But I was left standing in the rain. I didn’t feel any effect. That’s why I would love to hear from your experiments and experience.

• Semmelstulle@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Well I bought CBD a few times now and roll it like a cigarette. It relieves stress very well and calms down - that’s basically all CBD does. I can not handle THC but I have great experience with a CBD cigarette once every 6 months or so.

• fades@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

that’s basically all CBD does

Yes but there is also more to CBD, it also relieves pain, helps with inflammation, insomnia, etc too.

People should know it’s not just CBD anymore, there is CBG, CBN, etc. as well that are just as helpful in slightly unique ways

• wolfshadowheart@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

I refer to them as the CBD compounds. Like you said, these work with the entourage effect and so having just one isn’t nearly as effective as getting the full, or at least a wider, spectrum.

• Semmelstulle@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Well, the few times I tried THC I always have been invited, so I don’t know the ratio. And the CBD I sometimes get is from Austria. They never said anything about THC on it, if I’m not mistaken. But from what I know, only female pants produce the THC, so it should always have been as THC reduced as the plant can grow it.

Edit: was hard to read, I made the sentences more easy on the eye.

Edit 2: just realized you’re a Feddit.de user, too!