The Bay Owls are first on the board, picking up a 3 point kick. Great effort by The Screech defense at the start of the game.

The Screech receive the kickoff, and return it 35 yards, leaving them in a good starting position for this match.

This round is 4v4 with some great competitors. Vote for your favorite team now! Voting for the prior round is still open as well!

• anon6789@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

How many rounds have you voted in so far, and who has been your favorite owl at this point?

We’ve had some good ones already that are either new or that we haven’t seen in a long time.

• dragonfly@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I’ve voted in all three! Tough to pick a fave, though it’s hard to go wrong with a good Flammy. 🦉

• anon6789@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

I’m glad you’re enjoying it! You are the co-creator in a way!

Buff Fronted is new to me and I really like the gold and black motif, with the black mask over the eyes.

The Chestnut Backed Owlet is cool too. The rich chestnut color is beautiful, and it looks different than a lot of other brown owls because instead of the typical head spots, it’s like it has brain wrinkles!

• anon6789@lemmy.worldOP
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

Exactly! It just is a very regal color, and I agree with the drape effect. It really elevates it over the Pygmy-type owls for me, personally.

• Chetzemoka@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Voted in all three! I can’t believe the Bay Owls only squeezed through with a Field Goal on that first round. We were so far ahead early on in voting!

• anon6789@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

I’m always a little surprised how these votes go. Sometimes I’m like, nah, you guys are completely wrong in this one! But I can’t say anything cuz I don’t want to influence results. 😵‍💫

• HeyThisIsntTheYMCA@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

I communicate ineligantly. I mean to my great shame I missed it entirely. I had a family emergency in a different country I had to deal with. I got to vote for the Flammy and that’s all that matters

• anon6789@lemmy.worldOP
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 months ago

No worries, I hope all is well or at least more under control now for you! There’s still almost 24 more hours to go, so many more opportunities to participate, or just come by later and enjoy the pics when you need to see some cute owls.

• anon6789@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Coming up with how to assign points in this was tough. It’s mainly how it is to balance out if one team just had way more popular owls, I didn’t want to end up with a really lopsided score like 80-3 at the end.

Like if you like team B, and team A won most matches, but just by a small margin, the ones you like would still get killed in the scoring, and that didn’t sound like fun for those people. So it’s a little odd for me to mark a bigger win with a smaller score, but it functions and a kinda second place for the losing side by awarding 3-0 instead of 7-0. That way with the random teams over multiple rounds, one or 2 dud owls won’t sink the team as a whole.

I dunno. It’s all for fun, and you’re all my guinea pigs in coming up with how to play games via social media posts. 😅

• Chetzemoka@startrek.website
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

No, I think your scoring system is really clever and I’m excited to see how it all plays out. I was just honestly surprised to see the scoring start out so heavily weighted in one direction, and then balance out that much as time went on.

We all love all the owls haha

• anon6789@lemmy.worldOP
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            5 months ago

Yes, they all win in the end!

As much as you guys came to love Flammy, Buffy, and the BFO last time, I hope you can all come up with some new favs this weekend.

That’s my goal, to bring awareness to all the 250+ owls so they are stay loved and protected!