• doublejay1999@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

My son is on his 3rd Dualsense controller in about 18months.

Yesterday I plugged my Xbox 360 controller into my steam deck and played Halo 3 Like an OG.

• Domi@lemmy.secnd.me
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

Yesterday I plugged my Xbox 360 controller into my steam deck and played Halo 3 Like an OG.

If you had told someone 10 years ago that you can play Halo 3 on a handheld running Linux with a OG Xbox 360 controller on Steam they would call you crazy.

• WhiskyTangoFoxtrot@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Halo 3 is seventeen years old. Ten years ago, a seventeen-year-old game would be something like Quake 2 or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, both of which could easily be run on handhelds by that time.

• Pika@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

Have you looked into repairing them yourself? Had it happened with my PS4 controller and it was fairly simple to fix myself and it costed significantly less than buying a whole new controller

• 🇰 🔵 🇱 🇦 🇳 🇦 🇰 ℹ️@yiffit.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          5 months ago

I had it pretty consistently with every Joycon I went through; but I’ve had my PS5 for little over a year and I use it for PC gaming also without issue on the dual sense. Did they redesign them between when they first launched and more recently, maybe? I worry about it all the time because they’re $80. I can’t be replacing them all the time.

• doublejay1999@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

Yeah we had the joycon fiasco as well .

He runs 2 controllers - one has been fine. The other 2 got the drift

Best breakdown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qPNyio3VDk&pp=ygUPRHVhbHNlbnNlIGRyaWZ0

It’s wild to me that flagship consoles ship with weak controllers - and I was reminded of it, when was using the x360 controller - which is battered and old probably 15 years old - and it still works perfectly.

Even more annoying is I think they are selling a ‘pro’ controller now for Dual Sense edge or something- for 150 odd.

• Kiosade@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

I had mine maybe 8 months before the left stick started drifting hard. Completely unusable. And sony wanted me to go through all these hoops AND spend like $20 bucks to ship it to them.

Ended up getting an 8bit Pro Ultimate instead, and so far it’s worked great! Has Hall-Effect joysticks too, so no chance of drifting ever. The major console makers NEED to switch to HE for the next gen.

• rimjob_rainer
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I’m still with my first dualsense, my dualshocks from PS3 and PS4 still work without any issues. I don’t want to know what people do to their controllers.

• starman2112@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

My Xbox Series S controller got stick drift like 3 months after I got it. My friend’s finally succumbed last week, after about a year of owning it. What is it with stick drift on new controllers? Seems like every modern system has the exact same problem