• DankZedong @lemmygrad.mlOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

As a kid I visited Spain on holidays. Usually at the warm and dry coastal areas. It was rocky, sandy and there was not that much vegetation. When I returned home to The Netherlands I was always happy to see our green grass and dense, green woods after spending two weeks in the hot sun. Not that I think NL is superior, it was just nice to see the change between countries as a kid.

Nowadays, The Netherlands and Belgium have become beige colored countries. The grass is always dry, waterways are empty or low and there seems to be an increase in wildfires. And we’re having a drought year after year. And it’s not even that bad compared to lots of other countries.

How anyone can still deny climate change when the effects are this visible is beyond me.

• 陆船。@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I think the reactionary angle now is it that climate change is not anthropogenic and to just yolo burn the oil it has no effect because we’re in a natural warming cycle. It’s a really advanced nihilism.

• DamarcusArt@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

They deny it, but don’t actually believe it isn’t real. They aren’t actually believing that it is myth, rather their attitude stems from entitlement. They don’t want to make sacrifices or change their lifestyle, or ever take personal responsibility for their actions. So they will loudly declare it to be “fake” because they are scared that they would have to suffer some kind of minor inconvenience if actual climate action was enacted.

• Zymefish🏳️‍⚧️☢️@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

There are so many redacted things that redacted could have done so long ago, but then the redacted would not have redacted enough of their redacted. And thus here we are today.