• Shambling Shapes@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

They were already broken, I just gave the ok to throw them out. They had been sitting there for more than half my lifetime, no one was doing anything with them, near as anyone could tell I was now the “owner” of them, I wasn’t going to waste my time investigating 15 year old problems. So I said, “sure, make them disappear”.

Someone in Finance took issue with that, something about making the $15 million value of those parts appear on the books correctly. Nice to get my first high-dollar mistake out of the way early!

• Retix@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Thats really on whoever started saving them originally. Anything being saved like that should have a note attached stating why it is saved. I have some parts that need to be sent for repair and each of them has a note stating what is wrong, when it broke, and to contact me with questions.

• ilovededyoupiggy@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Damn, what kind of 15 year old broken parts are still worth $15 million?! I feel like they should have been depreciated to nothing, like, a decade ago, unless they’re made of unobtanium or something.