• sajran@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I’m a classic example of an introvert “adopted” by my very extroverted friend. I just want to say that I’m very thankful for them dragging me out of my comfort zone once in a while. I would’ve missed out on a lot of great experiences without them.

I often think how awesome it is that people are so different and how we can help each other by sharing our strengths.

• Album@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

I married an extrovert as an introvert. it took us a few years before we got married to really understand each other on that. But in the end I appreciate having a partner that encourages me to do fun stuff with others and supports me when I’m not into it.

I’ve also grown as an introvert. I keep taking extroverted jobs purposefully. My first big boy job was working on a corporate IT helpdesk taking support calls all day. So that’s how I got over my fear of phonecalls.

Now I’m a leader with a team. People are surprised to find I’m an introvert and can’t imagine the quiet person that I was just a decade ago.

• TheSambassador@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I’m pretty squarely an introvert, but it feels like nowadays I have to do all the dragging. It’s so hard to find other people who are willing to do the inviting.

• Ephera@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

It’s funny, because not only while being dragged there, do I feel like dead weight.

• Sagrotan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I’m kinda extrovert - so they tell me - but I’m not THAT amount of extrovert. I find friends everywhere. When I want & have a good day