• Ser Salty@feddit.de
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Moved to a new city for university. Managed to find some friends there. One moved away and another just quit on our group, so I just have the one friend that actually lives here now. Now, I also have roommates and we’re on friendly terms, but we don’t really do stuff together, you know?

Anyway, I quit university after changing my subjects around and still not feeling like I belong, and now I genuinely have no idea how I would even meet new people. Like, I’m decent enough at making friends in the right environment, like a classroom or something, but I’m not very good at keeping in touch or making new friends outside of that environment.

I have some great online friends, known these guys for like a decade at this point, and some back home, which is close enough to visit, but, you know, you don’t always want meeting up with friends to be an event, you know? Sometimes you just wanna hang out without buying a train ticket.

• linuxduck@nerdly.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah I get that. I’m in the same boat about making friends. I’m great at it in situations where I see them everyday. But working from home… So I’m trying to meet up with a gaming group at a store once a week. Monday is my first official day so I’ll see how it goes