I’ve been using substreamer to access my Navidrome server from my android phone initially but I just came to learn about Tempo, which is also a nice app. What I like about substreamer among others is the option to let it download fanart from an external source by itself bypassing navidrome. There might be more nice apps, so I’m curious what you folks are using on your mobile devices.

• Scrath@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I’m using Symfonium. Originally got it because it allows pulling from subsonic, plex and jellyfin libraries simultaneously.

After switching all my stuff over to navidrome, rather than having it split between plex and navidrome, I kept it because I paid a couple bucks for it and really like the customizability

On my PC I use sonixd. No particular reason for that one except it was probably the first one I found, is cross platform and also looks quite good

• RyanOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I didn’t know about Symfonium, it looks quite nice. I used it alongside Tempo for the last days, I prefer them both to substreamer. Thanks for the hint, anyway!

• LocustOfControl@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

Over the last few days I’ve tested substreamer, DSub, Symfonium, Ultrasonic and Tempo. I thought that Symfonium was the clear winner (once I’d found the setting to use a local cache) with DSub being next. I wanted to be able to browse albums by genre - others might not care and rate them differently.

Symfonium is closed source and not free, which might be a deal-breaker for some, but it’s a small one-off payment to an indie dev which is A-OK with me. Turns out it’s the same dev that wrote Yatse (xbmc/kodi remote) which I’d also paid for.

edit: Ah, the other comments hadn’t federated - I see I’m in good company!

• Elbullazul@lem.elbullazul.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I’ve used Ultrasonic, DSub, Audinaut, Substreamer, SubTune, Tempo and Subtracks over the years. I’m currently using Symfonium (I can’t live without a genre list with album grouping)

• boerbiet@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I use Ultrasonic, which I used with Airsonic before I switched to Navidrome. I need to look into it though, since apparently I now stream FLAC without transcoding and it kind of eats into my mobile data limit… Also, the local cache doesn’t seem to work anymore. Don’t know if the issue lies with my phone or Navidrome. I installed Tempo but still have to look into that.

Substreamer looks nice. Too bad it’s a Play Store thing which kind of conflicts with my de-googled phone. I do have a few apps from the Play Store (banking kinda sucks in a browser) but I try to limit them where I can.

• butter@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Dsub, because It’s very stable with just enough features and a usable UI. Ultrasonic is close, but there’s a glitch I’ll have occasionally that causes my music to play twice. Haven’t checked to see if it’s been fixed in a while. Substreamer is very pretty. Last time I checked, it was missing gapless playback. Synphonium has a weird tendency towards offline. I believe playlists wouldn’t update right. But the main reason I don’t use it is that it’s the only paid app, and I’ll occasionally not have the Google Play Store.

• beta_tester@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Finamp is very nice. I use symfonium because it is the best app for the task. It auto caches whatever you want, e.g. all 4/5 star songs. The UI is very nice and customizable. The auto playlists are very nice

On pc I use strawberry or the webplayer

• blayde@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I’ve been using dsub but it has a lot of weird bugs (I might try to fix someday). Testing symphonium now and it seems pretty nice so far. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Outcide@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

On macOS I use SuperSonic. Sadly, there’s nothing I really love on iOS. Substreamer and play:Sub are probably the best.

• roger_fediverse@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Substreamer on iOS, I’ve been getting surprising amounts of mileage out of the “play random song from your library” feature recently.

• RyanOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

That’s a feature that I have also come to like again, recently. Oftentimes when I add music to my library, I don’t listen to all of the songs immediately, this way I definitely learn about new music that I already own…

• tvcvt@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I’m still up in the air on this one. I’ve been playing with Substreamer and Amperfy (https://github.com/BLeeEZ/amperfy), both on iOS. Hadnt heard of Tempo before, but I’m going to check it out. I honestly haven’t fallen in love with anything yet.

• RyanOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

The more I use Tempo, there more I like it. The developer is very responsive, a bug I submitted got fixed in less than two hours. The only concern I have is it being a one-person show, that’s not a sustainable situation. But that could change in the long term…

Oh, and Tempo is Android only… :(

• tvcvt@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

It does look cool, but I did see the android only thing. C’est la vie.