• shroobinator@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

The last part of the article was own of the most disgusting things that I’ve ever read. I hope it’s more like an Elon Musk promise that we’ll have artificial baby factories in 5-7 years.

• 201dberg@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Holy sucking shit. In DS9 they go into detail how Ferengi are so fucking horrifically sexist against their women that they lease their daughters out to have babies for other males. It’s supposed to be this insane thing to show you how fucking crazy their hyper capitalist society is… And we just fucking dove right in to that shit.

• Addfwyn@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

We need to stop making dystopian fiction because it just is giving the capitalists ideas. I just watched that German SF movie about people selling years of their life to make ends meet (and having years forcibly taken from them to pay off debts) and just thought about how much western nations would be falling over themselves to make it a reality if the technology allowed for it.

• Addfwyn@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

" Surrogates “have to be from poorer places than our clients,”

This is the medical director, presumably the guy with media training. So this is probably the most diplomatic phrasing they could have managed and it is still absolutely reprehensible. The reality is probably even worse than the report.

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆@lemmygrad.mlOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

So I posted this to world news on lemmy.ml and specifically found a Politico article on it, libs are still calling it Russian propaganda. This really highlights how these deplorable scumbags don’t give a shit about people in Ukraine at all. Anything that doesn’t fit into their narrative is immediately shut out.

https://lemmygrad.ml/post/1093587