dude argues that he completely didn’t intend to steal exchange funds, nuh uh it’s all there, there’s even an assertion (just like with tether) damages are only whatever fees liquidators took, pinky swear. wire fraud? no wai

The lawyer’s submission was accompanied by letters of support from Bankman-Fried’s parents, psychiatrist, and others.

his fellow cultists and equally complicit parents even wrote a letter! what do you mean power of friendship is not get out of jail free card? and he has given money to cultists charity that obviously means he’s a good man with impeccable moral integrity

on a slightly unrelated note, on r/buttcoin i’ve stumbled upon a take on tether that it’s used as a device for capital flight from china. allegedly ftx had major role in this

• BlueMonday1984@awful.systems
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I do not expect the judge to go lenient on SBF.

The evidence proving his fraud was overwhelming, the scale of it was colossal, and all signs point to SBF being utterly unapologetic for the fraud he’s done and entirely unwilling to change.

He’s getting at least a decade, mark my words.

• skillissuerOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Barbara Fried argued once that personal responsibility might not exist, so it seems to be common in family

• skillissuerOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

well the hyperoptimistic ruling they plead for was something 6-8 years so yeah quite probable