Specifically, what arguments fail (that support capitalism) due to faulty evidence, misunderstanding of capitalism, lack of knowledge regarding Marxism, etc.?

• edward@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Probably not the most, but:

“Capitalists are job creators.”

The jobs will exist with or without them.

• aedalla@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Well. There are some jobs that like. Aren’t actually real. Instagram influencers for instance. You don’t need somebody wiggling their ass or abs at you and telling you their favorite cereal flavor if the goal is just to sell decent cereal instead of inventing a bunch of wierdass subflavors based on marvel characters to try and get people to buy shit they don’t actually need for way too much money.

• Rikudou_Sage@lemmings.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I think it’s stupid as much as anyone who’s not gen Z, but to claim it’s not real because it’s not something I can understand is a little boomer-like. Guess we’re doing the whole “everything from my childhood is how it should be and the previous/next generations are stupid/misguided if they disagree” shtick.

• abbadon420@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Agreed. “Influencers” are making money because people are paying them. So it’s clearly lucrative for some reason that I’ll never understand.

• maxprime@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

I think their argument is that the job exists because of capitalism and without the driving force of an economy being capital, the role of an influencer is gone.

• aedalla@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

No its more like. I’m not gonna let capitalism lie to me about whether or not I need five different flavors of cinnamon toast crunch (one of which will specifically target my interests / demographics!) to feel fulfilled.

That’s been going on way since the boomers and at least formally since the ww2 generation.

Telling you that you need all of these #options plus an #attractive celebrity to identify with and tell you which flavor to like is waaay older than anyone still alive now.