Indirectly asking for recommendations on what to watch.

• Ghostalmedia@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

I feel like that show is more of a reminder of how good Alan Tudyk is. That show might be pretty mediocre without him running point.

• neidu2@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Seconding this one. I went into it knowing absolutely nothing about the show, except the name of one of the actors, and boy did it pay off.

I’m really anal about spoilers, to the point where I consider even trailers to be spoilers. This has resulted in watching a lot of shitty stuff (dishonorable mention: Valhalla Rising), but now and then it results in pure unadulterated surprise and enjoyment.

Other shows and movies I liked after going into them completely blind:
      The Prestige
      Chernobyl (although basic history knowledge had already spiled the plot for me)
      The 4400 (highly underrated)
      Breaking Bad (recommended by a coworker who was scarce on details)
      EDIT: Moon

• davidgro@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

Have you seen Cabin in the Woods? It’s also one that is best seen with no idea what it is. And it is amazing.

• ozymandias117@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

If you like Alan Tudyk and are okay with mild horror, Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is one that I loved going into without any spoilers

• TheDoozer@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

You convinced me to stop reading your comment after “and boy did it pay off” and add it to my queue.

I’ll come back and finish reading your comment after I’ve finished the show (so far).