A sad day for emulation and open source advocates, and a reminder that Nintendo can and will destroy you if they see fit.

Hopefully their works will live in the saved repos just as ReVanced was able to live on after YouTube shut the original project down.

• SendMePhotos@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Wait I didn’t get it yet… Anyone theoretically know of another who knows another who may be able to send me a file related to or unrelated to the given subject?

• tigeruppercut@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Does the archive have any links to roms? I think I got the emulator working but I don’t know where to download anything to run on it. The only switch game I ever really wanted to play was breath of the wild anyway…

• pivot_root@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

The release downloads work, but I don’t expect a long future for that project. The creator publicly posted his country of residence on Reddit, and doesn’t have much of a plan to avoid a lawsuit other than “we’ll condemn piracy wherever we can.”

On top of that, it has a brand-new Patreon and is missing the source code for core parts of the emulator.