• stratoscaster@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

To be fair, solar and wind are dependent on wind availability and solar availability year-round. Nuclear is buildable nearly anywhere. There are a lot of places other options aren’t as possible or efficient.

• MaxMalRichtig
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

Even large scale nuclear plants are not economically viable without huge subsidies. Small scale reactors are even less cost effective. I haven’t really seen any of them “in the wild” except for research reactors or something like that.

• IchNichtenLichten@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              4 months ago

Oh, I know. Making a wild claim about SMRs and then running for the hills when asked for evidence is pretty standard around here.

• MaxMalRichtig
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                4 months ago

Yeah, unfortunately.

BTW, do you work in the field or something? Cause you sound kinda knowledgeable.

• IchNichtenLichten@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  4 months ago

No, it’s just an area I’m interested in. There’s so much misinformation and people being confidently incorrect that I spent some time reading up on what’s going on.

• MaxMalRichtig
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    4 months ago

Hats off to you for doing research and trying to pass on the knowledge in hostile comment sections. 💪 So sad that they don’t care for facts and really love to be confidentiality incorrect. I mean, I have a degree in that matter - still doesn’t count and everybody wants to keep spinning their (demonstrably false) narrative.