I’ve worked with some pretty rotten software, but management software is easily the most user unfriendly, so my vote goes to HPSM.

• thenewred@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Cisco Webex.

You think teams or zoom are annoying? This is much worse. The worst part is with some default meeting settings, a loud chime would play every time someone joined. People kept this on for meetings of 300+ people, then they started talking over the beeps once “the popcorn slowed down.”

• lwe@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

But have you tried Cisco Webex Teams? Or how we liked to call it “My first rails application.example.exe”.

• 4am@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Also the default of not auto-muting everyone, then spending 25 minutes of the meeting asking people to mute when there was a button that would also mute everyone 🤦‍♂️

• dmrzl@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Nah. It turned out that one of the callers dialed in using a regular phone number and there classic wiretapping was used.

Still wouldn’t surprise me if it would’ve actually been the software.

• philpo@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

Not actually true - it is right that this is by far the most likely vector - but it is not the only one. And tbf, I wouldn’t tell the media anything else if I were in the Bendlerblock right now. Because anything else would mean that a lot more people would be in deep shit.

• Im_Cool_I_Promise@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

On Linux, the desktop client of Webex still does not support the chat feature, so you’re forced to use Firefox or whatever browser to join meetings instead. The best part is that some Webex rep said they’d add this feature to the client back on 2023, and it’s now 2024 and it’s STILL NOT HERE.