During the 2020 primaries, he was sleepy and not with it in all the debates, but when it came time for the one-on-one debate with Bernie, all of a sudden he was “fiery” Joe.

The same thing happened at the state of the union. They literally hide him whenever they can, even to the point of him declining a pre-superbowl interview. And then all of a sudden he’s “fiery” Joe again during the state of the union.

I have to believe that they are giving him some kind of concoction or drug or something, and I don’t think it’s conspiratorial to speculate that this is the case.

So to any biology/pharmacy/medical experts out there, what the hell is going on?

• Omegamint [comrade/them, doe/deer]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Definitely some type of amphetamine, likely either Adderall or Dexedrine (Dexedrine being the better choice for zipping someone up). If it were me doing debates or speeches I’d be on some kind of amphetamine and a benzodiazepine to curb the edge. Honestly that combination of drugs is insane to be on when in social situations or just getting work done, but very susceptible to abuse and addiction.

• livestreamedcollapse@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Second this: the verbosity and mental acuity granted by the more bioavailable/potent dextro-rotrary isomer of amphetamine—combined with the anxiolytic effects of benzos—seems the perfect combination for giving critically important annual speeches upon which you’ll be judged by Capital; let the naval corpsman, flight surgeon, or whomever the fuck is handing out these scripts, deal with the comedowns.