Hello, I just startet up my PC and Latte-Dock seems to be gone, not only my local installation, but also the package from zypper. Does someone know whats happening here?

• Jesus_666@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I think Latte-Dock has been unmaintained for some time now. It’s a dead project and maybe doesn’t even work properly with Plasma 6. So it’s a good time to drop it.

• dinckel@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

If you’re on Plasma 6, there’s practically no reason to use it either way. The modern panels have all the same functionality, at least from my experience

• D_Air1@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Definitely not all of the same functionality. Latte Dock was a rather huge dock program out of all of the ones available. I believe they added two or three of the major features though. Which is good enough for most.

• xtapaOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

I’m not on Plasma 6 yet. I’m undecided whether I should do the switch as it defaulta to wayland, but Wayland seems to be not the best choice right now.

• dinckel@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

First of all, before you get any wrong impressions/opinions, try it out for yourself. But also, just because the Wayland session is set as default, it doesn’t mean you cannot choose the other

• xtapaOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Hm, that’s sad. But I’d rather have it not just vanish, though. Is there a good replacement?