The post Xitter web has spawned soo many “esoteric” right wing freaks, but there’s no appropriate sneer-space for them. I’m talking redscare-ish, reality challenged “culture critics” who write about everything but understand nothing. I’m talking about reply-guys who make the same 6 tweets about the same 3 subjects. They’re inescapable at this point, yet I don’t see them mocked (as much as they should be)

In the past few months alone I’ve seen:

• A birthrate obsessed substacker who wants to ban car seats to increase minivan sales
  • Two people off HN who went on thinly race-iq rants only to say that race and iq doesn’t even matter because ChatGPT is going to lift the non-whites into sapience and end racism. Neither substacker seemed to know each other, yet came to the same ridiculous conclusion.
  • A former femboy, turned reply-guy who tweets about how the hidden figures woman was actually white like once a week
  • Another xitter user who’s made 10 posts a day insisting that Ethiopians are actually mostly white, which is why they had castle and shit

And honestly there’s a lot more of these guys that are crazy than they are racist; I just so happened to remember the most offensive posters. Like, there was one dude a while back who insisted that women couldn’t be surgeons because they didn’t believe in the moon or in stars? I think each and every one of these guys is uniquely fucked up and if I can’t escape them, I would love to sneer at them.

• skillissuer
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

i don’t use discord a lot but in general matrix looks a bit like discord, threads on matrix are a separate chat that opens in a sidebar. all of these threads are accessible from single place

i think that this ephemeral nature of matrix fits well with news and low effort content, and if anyone wants to elaborate then it’s a start of a post here