• LadyAutumn@lemmy.blahaj.zone
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

I’m saying they are a conservative capitalist propaganda think tank. They are an organization who’s primary purpose is to create propaganda for capitalism. They are not a credible source on pre-capitalist labor. Please provide an objective source.

• Lauchs@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              4 months ago

Again, what is the specific point with which you disagree? Please provide a claim of theirs with which you disagree.

Edit: Also, fyi, you also mean whose. Who’s = who is.

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                4 months ago

It’s not even any kind of sourced document, just an entirely baseless opinion article. No evidence, no references.

I’ll repeat again. You have provided a link to the website for a think tank that generates conservative pro-capitalist propaganda. Please provide a legitimate objective source on your claims about pre-capitalist labor.

• Lauchs@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  4 months ago

Is this just your way of saying “I refuse to read the article” ?

They simply point out that the 150 days nonsense comes from a study that ignores large swathes of labour. You are welcome to look at the original study, which they link.

It’s pretty basic stuff. Yet again, with what specific part do you disagree? I’m not wild about searching through academia for a probable source troll

When you refuse to engage with the material in a meaningful sense, not just “I dislike the source and that’s enough for me!” It doesn’t really inspire any hope this will be a productive conversation.

link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    edit-2
                    4 months ago

It’s a conservative think tank. Feel free to admit that your only source is propaganda. I’m asking you to provide any kind of backing for your claim. As a trans person, as a woman, as a decent human being, a conservative think tank is not a valid source that I’m going to respect. Not even mentioning that again it is an opinion piece. They have provided literally no backing for their statements whatsoever.

Provide me an actual source and I’ll respond to it. All the typing you’ve done, and assuming that you’re basing your statements on factual evidence, I’m sure you could’ve found at least 1 legitimate objective non-propaganda source based on any kind of scholarly or academic analysis of historical records.