• Jules@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

It’s like having Reddit back, this is amazing. 🙏

For as long as I can remember Reddit and Sync have been one and the same. I never used Reddit website or app, only ever used Sync to browse Reddit hosted content. I used it a lot. I’ve missed it a lot.

Between the Lemmy platform and Sync client, to all intents and purposes what Reddit was has been fully restored/migrated.

I know it’s early days, but I did not expect to see anything like this so soon and it gives me hope that Lemmy can grow and thrive into the network of people that always made Reddit what it was. Everything that’s needed is there - early, a little rough around the edges, but there. And being improved constantly.

Hallelujah!

• UsernameIsTooLon@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Yea this app going dark for a month made me realize how much I actually enjoy the experience of this app rather than reddit itself. Being forced to use the official app has pushed me away from Reddit more than ever

• cjsolx@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Lemmying from Sync right now and it brings a tear to my eye. I don’t think anything other than Sync would have made Lemmy feel “right” to me. And now it does.

• Jules@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

He just added an £18.99 one off charge to remove ads as well. Instabuy for me. Just brilliant.

• Celediel@slrpnk.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

At first it felt a little steep to me, but then I remembered I’ve been using Sync since 2012.

• cjsolx@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Insta buy indeed lol. Probably double paid to remove ads and get ultra but that’s alright, it’s for a good cause and LJ deserves it.

• TheFriendlyArtificer@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Same!

The second that I opened the interface it was like being greeted by an old friend.

I totally get the subscription fatigue that people get. Work gave me an iPad and I was gobsmacked that a simple SSH app using open source libraries was going to cost $6.00/mo. Hell with that.

But in this instance, I feel like the subscription is worth it. The dev has proven that he is extremely active. Weekly updates on the beta channel for the original Reddit version.

• Coelacanth@feddit.nu
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

That’s for Ultra. The other purchase is under “Remove Ads”. Ultra comes with some extra features, like cloud storage.

• limecool@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

That’s for lifetime ultra. Check the sidebar for remove ads option. Should be $24

• Franki
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I couldn’t said it better myself. After 12 years on reddit, here I am! Joined as soon as sync launched and after some Eli5 of Lemmy, I’m ready for it.

All tips for interesting instances or give me some tips about what I should check out, or catch up on, it would be appreciated .

• Eyeklops@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

I don’t consider myself to be “Lemmying” or “Redditing”… I’m “Syncing”