Things are becoming more depressing every day and I can’t afford for professionals and don’t want to jump to the last resort or drugs. Is there a medicine that can make me happy if I take it in proper doses and does not require a doctor’s prescription?

• 3amguy@lemmy.mlOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Sex does both.

I wish I had someone for that.

It won’t make you happy on its own but screwing it up will make you unhappy on its own, so it’s the foundation to build everything else on.

My sleep cycle is currently from 4 am to 11 am. Think I should sleep earlier? I do coding at night and surf social media during the day.

• mouserat
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Try to reduce social media. I did and feel much better without the constant input from others.

• medgremlin@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

What the above commenter said is generally good advice, but I would add on limiting your social media intake. Finding an online community to interact with (with voice or video chat kinds of things involved) is a better use of online time. For the coding, you could try moving that to the morning, and socialize in the afternoon/evening, and that will help you get on a more normalized schedule. If your leisure time is spent mostly with other people, it’s a lot easier to sign off and go to bed when everyone else does as well.

Edit: Also throw in a multivitamin and 2000-5000IU of Vitamin D3 because nutritional deficiencies can cause psych problems as well as exacerbate or prolong said psych problems.