• chemical_cutthroat@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

I started taking nicotine lozenges to quit smoking. If I have one in my mouth when I fall asleep, my dreams are a lot more fun. I’m not going to tell you how to live your life, but information is power.

• TimeSquirrel@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

If you are a heavy cannabis user, quitting for a week or two has the same effect until your tolerance goes back down.

• ChickenLadyLovesLife@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        3 months ago

I dunno, I was a wake-and-baker for thirty years and never had dreams at all. I quit completely about three years ago and now I have vivid dreams all the time. I actually don’t like this aspect of sobriety very much - the dreams aren’t nightmares or anything but they’re a lot more intense than I would like them to be.

• Unforeseen@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

Yeah it happens because you are getting proper REM sleep and I know exactly what you mean about the intensity.

The same that they are not nightmares but are just intense to the point of exhausting some nights. Its like having to live two lives… I just want to sleep haha.

• ChickenLadyLovesLife@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 months ago

Its like having to live two lives

Ha ha exactly. I’m a school bus driver IRL and I constantly have dreams where I drive my bus into a wall or a line of waiting children and stuff like that. It takes me a few minutes after I wake up some mornings to process that I haven’t actually lost my job (or gone to prison).

• toynbee@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

I would be worried about choking in my sleep if I fell asleep with a lozenge in my mouth.

• devfuuu@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

From my understanding when this appeared on Mastodon, the image is not about sleep, butt…