• Aurenkin@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Haven’t fired up my VR headset in ages due to personal circumstances but I distinctly remember the feeling of taking off the headset and feeling like I’d just lost my super powers.

• batman without ears@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

Wtf ?? Can you share your experience and why you like that ? What compells or drives you ? Do you want to escape reality or do you consider it as another form of social media ?If your uncomfortable to do so here you can dm me.

• Tarquinn2049@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        3 months ago

Mostly I use my VR headset as a more comfortable version of something like a Steam Deck. Just Virtual Desktop to my computer and play whatever computer game or program I want to use, except from my recliner hanging out with my family instead of down in my computer room. I can watch TV with them while putting my Virtual screen right beside the TV. I have written alot of posts about it if you want to check my history, look for any post more than 5 paragraphs, lol.

I also play alot of stand alone and PCVR games. And I watch 3D movies, and play PC games in 3D or converted to VR. And emulators, especially the ones that have VR support. But even just regular emulators too.

VR has replaced computer, TV, console, and exercise time for me. You can play it standing, or sitting, or laying down. It only takes about 100 dollars of mods to make any headset comfortable for 8+ hour sessions.

I also have family in New Zealand, I’m in Canada, so I hang out with them in VR. Helps feel like we are still meeting up in person. We play some mini golf, or minecraft, or whatever.