This repo is also mirrored to Codeberg.

I made an easy to use ToDo app, just to learn a bit about programming and Flutter. It does not really provide any benefits over other ToDo apps, but I am glad that I was able to make this.

You can download the APK for Android, rpm for RHEL/Fedora or just use the AppImage.

I am willing to work more on this, you can read the roadmap in the link provided.

Any guidance, criticisms, or comments will be greatly appreciated.

• Sunny' 🌻
    link
    fedilink
    382 months ago

Well done dude! Thanks for contributing to the FOSS community <3 I’ll make sure to try it out this week.

• @nameisnotimportant@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    72 months ago

Hi,

Thank you for offering an alternative.

The interface is pretty barebones, even for a “keep it simple” app.

I’d be wise to consider making those tiles smaller, having huge boxes containing 45% decoration isn’t the best I think.

Else, I’d add sync or access to calDAV items as soon as possible.

Cheers

• @nutbutterOP
      link
      22 months ago

Thank you for these suggestions! I’ll be working on sync or import/export, right after I fix the UI. Making the items editable is another thing I need to add.

• @nutbutterOP
      link
      52 months ago

I started with YouTube (via Invidious), and then it was just hunting for “how do I add this thing in Flutter” on search engines and forums.

• @Shady_Shiroe@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    52 months ago

I was thinking of cloning some android only notes app with flutter with Markdown support, but I finished learning flutter a few weeks ago… so good luck to me I guess.

• @4vr@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    தமிழ்
    52 months ago

Well done. UX is where most FOSS app let users down. Hope you can improve the UX still keeping it simple.

• @flames5123@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    42 months ago

If it’s made in flutter, doesn’t that mean you easily publish it to the iOS App Store? Isn’t the main point of flutter to publish to both iOS and Android?

• @nutbutterOP
      link
      142 months ago

That is correct, but I’ll need either a Macintosh machine, or a VM to compile the app. Then, I’ll have to pay a fee to Apple to publish this on their App Store. I haven’t even made a .deb package, as of now, because I use Fedora and am too lazy to spin up a VM.

But if I get to implement everything I have in mind, for this app, I’ll surely release it on every platform possible.

• SuperFola
      link
      fedilink
      English
      112 months ago

Well I mean if you want to pay 99$ each year, yes

• @Perfide@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      82 months ago

Only if they have access to a mac and xcode would it be easy. Trying to develop anything for iPhone, even a fairly simple website, can be a genuine nightmare without the proper tools for testing, let alone an actual app. I once spent over 2 days trying to solve a bug that I was able to resolve in like 5 minutes after finally admitting defeat and borrowing my brothers macbook.

• @nutbutterOP
      link
      32 months ago

Wow! That is great to know! Thanks for giving it a try!

• @nutbutterOP
      link
      62 months ago

This is the first app I’ve ever made, so, I don’t know what exactly the reason is for that. However, I think this is because I made it with Flutter instead of something lower lever like Java.