I did hear the news about youtube getting rid of adblocks. The first video that I click has an ad and then I refresh again the ads still appear. I turn off and on ublock origin just to make sure it’s working and it blocks the youtube ads. It happened to my dissable youtube shorts plugins as well. Btw I am using firefox.

• sunbytes@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I’ve noticed it happening in the past.

I suspect there’s a bit of an arms race between uBlock origin and large and networks like Google/YouTube.

So there will always be a short response time between anti-adblock changes made by websites, and the adblockers releasing a way to get around them.

Hopefully any change is temporary.

• Meldroc@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Sounds about right, so usually when uBlock Origin is “acting up”, one possible reason is because a website changed its code, possibly specifically to defeat ad-blockers.

So, the usual first response is to go into the options and update all the filter lists.

• sorrybookbroke@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

That is strange, I haven’t had that issue myself. As of today though due to the news I have switched over to piped, a youtube proxy, by importing my subscriptions so that’ll hopefully never be an issue. It was surprisingly easy, and works quite well

• Parakeet@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Haven’t had such issues on ether of my 2 machines. Chech in ublock settings that your rules are up to date.

Cold be that you are one if people they are testing something new on. Tnen it may not help you though.

• BombOmOm@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

That is not my experience with Firefox, but if Brave is working for you, that is perfectly good!