• flashgnash@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Unless you’ve been a monk for the last 15 years your data’s already out anyway

Even on Lemmy, everything you say is public and can be harvested pretty easily

• Tartas1995
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

TIL, posts that I post publicly and knowingly so, are the same as app that has 2 class-action lawsuits against them related to privacy and just had an event where they bought your likeness from you for 40bucks while advertising it as a “referral program” and the owner of the app had a malware infested App uploaded to the App Stores and with people claiming that their banking account information got leaked through the app.

Thanks! What would I do without the knowledge that you provided to me?

There is a difference between what I like to watch on YouTube and my banking information.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there is a law that forces Chinese companies to grant the Chinese state access to their computer systems. So everything, I said, plus a whole ass government (with more and less corrupt people) has your data!

• Tartas1995
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

Well, I don’t wholely disagree but the laws are different and the application of the law is different.

But yeah, distrust is appropriate in both and all other case.