• /home/pineapplelover@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

The author has snippets of her book here. But, they’re a bunch of funny stories throughout her life and how she’s been dealing with depression. I’ve read it multiple times and I love the book.

Here’s a quote from the website:

What kind of stories are in it?

Of the new stories, there are two new stories about my dogs, a story about a letter I wrote to my future self when I was ten, a story about the use of fear and shame as motivational tools, a story about the time my mother tried to take my sister and I on an adventure and ended up getting us all lost in the woods, a story about all the illogical internal rules I have for how reality should be and what happens when reality doesn’t give a shit about my rules, a story about a toy parrot, a story about a lie I told as a child that spiraled completely out of control, a story about my identity and how I use it to prevent myself from realizing how shitty I actually am, and a cautionary tale about what happens when you try to fix everything about yourself all at once.

• TheGoldenGod@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

The start of this was me trying to fix everything all at once, something I knew wasn’t great, I got cocky. 😣