link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

Aww your poor wittle pc is unhealthy! It just needs some rest and some fluids.

• rdri@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

It’s cool while it works. But these options are not going to be provided forever in newer hardware. Recent example I saw is the absense of AHCI option in new laptops (you now need additional drivers just to reinstall Windows manually). We need to keep developing software solutions to software problems.

• melpomenesclevage@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

In the 90s this was hacker shit. You’d do this shit to, like, break into the pentagon or something.

Fucking cringe cyberpunk; everybody’s a hacker, because theres no other way to see your fucking calendar.

• EngineerGaming@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 months ago

I use full-disk encryption on my Debian, and I honestly don’t see what’s wrong with entering your passphrase on boot.

• VeganCheesecake@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

There doesn’t have to be anything wrong with it, though I seem to remember that BitLocker isn’t all that difficult to break if your passphrase isn’t long enough. I just found it a bit weird because unlocking via TPM very much feels like the standard solution under Windows.

• Mane25@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Is it not disgraceful that you have to use a trick so some third party company doesn’t install software you don’t want on your hardware? I think that’s appalling!

• frogmint@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Aren’t these screens from the article specifically for unsupported devices, like those without TPM?

• Matriks404@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Oh it looks like your PC is not supported because you turned off single option in UEFI. Go to this link and buy your new Windows 11 PC today!

• nao@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

Sounds like a good idea to disable a security feature to not be reminded of the EOL of the software you’re using /s