Is a spoiler warning like this enough to warn us not to look at content, or should spoilers be behind a NSFW tag?

• Ziglin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

I prefer nsfw to be reserved for nsfw plus it usually only blurs images on the clients I use. If it’s a huge spoiler maybe have a few newlines between the warning and the content so it gets cut off in the preview. If you mean for images I’m not sure but still think that the text warning is enough but it’s not like the steam page doesn’t give us a few glimpses with the updates anyway.

• saigot@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago
    This is An example of a spoiler

Lemmy Supports Spoilers in the body of posts, I would use those for text posts, and avoid spoilers in the title completely. Images I think the title thing is right

• saigot@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago
        ::: spoiler This is An example of a spoiler
        Lemmy Supports Spoilers in the body of posts, I would use those for text posts, and avoid spoilers in the title completely. Images I think the title thing is right
        :::

On my Web interface it can be added with this button:

• TheAlbatross@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

This seems good enough for me. I think I’d prefer the NSFW tag, but I can see that being an issue for folks who block NSFW tagged posts because they don’t want to see nudity or gore.

• Pennomi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Exactly, a lot of people block all NSFW posts and they will miss your tagged posts. I think the spoiler warning was perfectly fine.