Dear Admins of the Lemmy.world instance I am asking that you please consider defederating from the rammy.site instance as soon as possible as the admin is no where to be found and it has been taken over by right wing posters posting hateful messages. There are also other people posting large amounts of spam and creating empty communities. What was once a small hobby run general purpose instance has been turned over and made into a festering right wing hate filled breeding ground by the people from exploding-heads. The only recoarse left it seems is to defederate to prevent them from spreading hate to other instances.

PS. I already sent this message to multiple admins here, sorry about that I just felt it was urgent to make sure the message was sent before these people cause more damage.

• GONADS125@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

That feature definitely needs to be added soon…

However, instances that spread hate and propoganda should be defederated from regardless if people can block the instance individually. They should not be given an audience to radicalize.

• PowerfulTurtle@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I agree with both of these points, users definitely need the ability to block instances that they don’t want to see

Instances which violate your home instance’s rules or are a threat to the instance should be defederated to protect the users on that instance and maintain a healthy community.

• GONADS125@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Propoganda is not a genuine exchange of ideas, and users should not be subjected to hate and bigotry.

• Laticauda@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

No, historically the most effective method is not giving them a platform to take advantage of in the first place.

• Zetta@mander.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Given I haven’t actually looked into any of the material talked about in this post, is it possible they are not necessarily just ideas and instead demonstrably false misinformation.

If it’s demonstrably false misinformation instead of ideas then yeah they should probably be defeaterated.

• ahal@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Those aren’t ideas coming out of there. Ideas require conscious thought.

• Antik 👾@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Not here though. This is not a free speech platform and we never claimed it was. We want to be a welcoming instance and those kind of discussions can be had somewhere else. Have a look at those instances that hide behind “free speech” just to be able to say terrible things. No thank you

• PowerfulTurtle@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

We want to be a welcoming instance and those kind of discussions can be head somewhere else.

I know it probably wasn’t intentional but I love what you did there “can be head somewhere else”, I just think it’s kind of funny because the malicous users are from the instance known as exploding-heads. I know I’m such a dork.