Admins of Lemmy.ml please consider defederating from rammy.site it has been taken over by right wing malicious actors from exploding-heads.com and the admin is nowhere to be found.

It is imperative that you take action as soon as possible the users on rammy are using the site to spread their messages to a further audience, we must nip this in the bud. If you don’t believe me check the instance for yourself, you’ll see it dominated with bigoted right wing posts and spam communities.

• adminjrs@lemmy.fan
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Thank you. I’m on a small, but growing, instance and I’m defederating from them immediately.

I appreciate the heads up.

• PowerfulTurtle@rammy.siteOPB
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah I hope he can salvage the instance whenever he gets back, if he ever gets back. He’ll probably have to wipe it clean and get a new domain honestly. This is why if setting up a Lemmy instance it’s important that you always get a team of people to work together as admins, that way there’s always someone there to take care of the problem and you don’t end up in situations like this.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Tell me about it, I just logged on the other day expecting to go post in !egg_irl@lemmy.blahaj.zone and I’m greeted with transphobic and climate denial posts on the front page. Really didn’t know what the hell was going on.

• DaforLynx@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

That’s one of the instances i considered first joining… I’m not sure why i decided not to, but dodged a bullet nevertheless!

• PowerfulTurtle@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I would never recommend joining an instance hosted by one person with very little activity (and open registrations), those ones are prime targets for hate groups like the one operating right now on rammy.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

You’ll no longer be able to retrieve content from the de-federated instance and they’ll no longer be able to communicate with yours.

• PowerfulTurtle@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Figured out what it was, rammy only works through https, typing in rammy.site without the https:// causes it to go automatically to http:// which doesn’t connect. It also works though Tor because Tor forces https unconditionally and won’t connect to sites without it.

• tallwookie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

didnt we have this discussion yesterday? looks like rammy.site has more subscribers and more communities now. is this like false flag advertising or reverse psychology, etc?

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I don’t know I’m not on lemmy.ml I just noticed this shit in my feed earlier and I made the post to !main@lemmy.blahaj.zone warning them to defederate because of the invasion of toxic bigots from exploding-heads

I made this post to spread the warning to the largest instances in hopes of stopping the spread of this plague.

• GrazingGerard130@rammy.site
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

LMAO you’re a stupid cuck going around posting to instances trying to stir up shit and breed hatred against us. Very leftist of you isn’t it, that’s what they do they start shit and turn people against each other, then they push for censorship. All because you can’t handle the truth about stupid gender ideology lmao, keep coping losers when DeSantis becomes president it’ll be over and you’ll be brought to justice for your crimes against children.

• Cethin@lemmy.zip
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

It’s not a gender, it’s sex. Also, to call it deformed is a misunderstanding of biology. There isn’t a “proper form” of biology. It just is. (Well, unless you’re religious, in which case why did God make it happen since he’s the one in charge?)

• GrazingGerard130@rammy.site
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

God has no control of what kind of people we turn out as, he cannot control if people choose to be honest good loving people, or disgusting groomers who want to me women. There are good people and bad people in the world, who you choose to be is up to you, not to god. He probably would prefer that you don’t be a groomer though, that’s why those people are going to hell.

• Cethin@lemmy.zip
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              11 months ago

What religion are you? Christianity says he’s omnipotent. “God has no control…” is totally wrong. He has total power over everything. You could argue that he chooses not to use it, but if you’re Christian and believe in the Bible, he has the power to do anything. He created the world and has total knowledge over what that allowed for, and he created those possibilities. If he didn’t want intersex people he wouldn’t have designed his creation with that “flaw”. This is pretty basic stuff man. Go pick up your Bible.

Also, again, intersex is not gender or anything else. It’s just one of many conditions of being that humans have.

• daquackeryspreads@rammy.site
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              11 months ago

List of right-wing sexual predators. FragileGerard130 has repeatedly removed it from their “Say No to Groomers” community at rammy.site.

By the way, there’s a far-right brigade trying to overtake the aforementioned instance, which has been abandoned by its admin. FragileGerard130 is one of them.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

This is why I’m encouraging people to defederate from rammy, assholes like this are going to use it as a point to post shit to the rest of the instances. If it’s defederated they’re no better off than they were on exploding-heads and it’ll be harder for them to spread their hatred.

• daquackeryspreads@rammy.site
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              11 months ago

I can tell you that it’s getting under their skin. Little thing is unhinged and now goes to trans communities and instances to insult them.

If you could join my stupid guerrilla efforts by downvoting their posts and comments, and upvoting my trolling to keep them away from the front page, it would be much appreciated 😊

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                11 months ago

I’ll try to help as much as I can but I’m in the process of finding a new instance, preferably one that doesn’t federate with rammy or exploding-heads because I know I’ll get plenty of DM harassment otherwise if I don’t due to my defederation campaign.

Trying to do it soon because rammy is unmoderated and I don’t want to be here when anyone worse comes and starts going to war on the instance with any amount of unspeakably horrible abusive material, there are some really disgusting and illegal lemmy instances out there and rammy has none of them blocked.

Though there is hope in the future, since rammy is abandoned eventually its hosting or domain-registration (whichever comes first) will run out and when it does the site will go down and their fun will be over.

In the meantime I’ll focus on spreading the word about rammy.site and making sure people know about this so they’ll never leave their instances abandoned, at least not without turning off registration first.

• rist097@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Just ban their communities if you dont want to see their conter, its not that hard!

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

They’ll just create more communities, have you seen the community spam on here lately? If they did that fighting against each other do you really think they wouldn’t evade community bans on lemmy.world? Defederation is the only way unless the admin comes back and does a sweeping IP ban of everyone posting shit on here, followed by defederating exploding-heads. I don’t foresee that happening though, admin has been MIA for over a month with no sign of returning and there’s almost no activity here besides me and the assholes from EH.

• rist097@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

I think you need to learn to not take some things too personal. There will always be offending stuff in the world. It’s not good for your health to take offense on everything you see.

• southsamurai@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

It isn’t the subject matter. It’s the aggressive and intentional disruption that’s coordinated to disrupt other instances. They don’t just make shitty communities and post shitty things, they then start shit in other instances’ communities. That’s why they need defederation, not their political views or post subjects.

• CmdrShepard@lemmy.one
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

Same can be said about your POV.

Why is it always people telling us we need to associate with Nazis because "it’s not a big deal just let them do their Nazi stuff in peace? "

• Magnor@lemmy.magnor.ovh
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

Yeah, no. It’s not about taking offense, it’s about not letting this place being overrun by hate speech.