• CompostMaterial@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I don’t think people realize how much corporate policies affect their Teams experience. A lot of complaints I hear are not things I see in my experience because our Teams isn’t strangled by corporate policies.

• aard@kyu.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Vanilla teams is a a stinking pile of shit. Corporate policies just add a bit of bonus nuclear waste to that.

• Windex007@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Is corporate services what’s causing activity badges to constantly have wrong numbers on them within the app?

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Wow, no, fuck no. Is there a corporate policy that makes this piece of shit intentionally buggy? For months I’ve had a blank white window on Mac that remains the whole time I use the app. Generally, not one feature of the app works without some kind of glitch or 5. Emojis are fucking broken half the time… Because that’s a complicated totally unsolved problem across the industry /s

What exactly are you using? It’s definitely not teams if you think it’s a passable app. I’ve said it’s alpha software because that’s absolutely what it’s always felt like to me. It’s gotten 10% better in the 3 years I’ve used it. One of the worst apps of all time.

• Coreidan@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Interesting take. I’ve been using teams for a few years now since that’s what most of my customers use. I can’t say I’ve experienced any bugs or any of the issues you’re sharing.

Only thing I can think of it’s related to Mac and their version of teams. The app for windows seems to work flawlessly.

• JargonWagon@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

I use it on Windows and I’ve encountered a few bugs, though haven’t experienced many of the stories seen in here. I’ve experienced notifications not coming through which is kinda essential for me tbh, have had the app crash every now and then, and regularly have a thing occur where I would put an emoji on anything and it would go away a second after causing me to do it again. The notifications not coming through is a big deal for me, the rest I can live with just fine.

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

We are a mostly mac shop, but I don’t see that as an excuse actually. Also, we have windows users in our company and also I’ve used the web version and it’s atrocious too. Everyone at my company that ever mentions a Teams opinion hates it…

• chiliedogg@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Not who you’re responding to, but Teams works great in my office. I don’t love the UI, but it’s not buggy at all.

Maybe it’s a Mac thing?

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

I mean, they support Mac, but yeah the web version is horrible and even windows users in my office hate it.

• chiliedogg@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

I guess I’ve just been lucky with it. I only use it on my windows laptops and Android phones, where it’s been pretty flawless.

Though I do work with people in other organizations that have more restrictive permissions applied to Teams from their IT department that make it more difficult to get anything done.

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 months ago

Are you using the video chat? Apparently there are other features, but we don’t use any of them. Only video chat

• zarkanian@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Which corporate policy is it that causes the website to default to classic Teams even though your company has switched to v2 Teams? I don’t know why I can’t just log in to v2 instead of having to switch every time.

• noseatbelt@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I don’t have a lot of the issues I see others complaining about, but my teams does randomly shut down and I don’t notice until someone sends me an email saying they tried to reach me on teams. Doesn’t seem like that has anything to do with corporate policy.