• Uli@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

“Having legs” was always the most basic tool of bicyclist propaganda. If you have no legs, you can’t be fed bicyclist propaganda. The most steadfast anti-biker I knew in my childhood was a corn snake I found in my backyard. Bicycle propaganda did not reach him.

• Hot Saucerman@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Weren’t attitudes like this literally why Lenin thought that Communism had to be forced on a society for a few generations for the least educated to “understand” Communism? Since there was no breaking through their preconceived notions? Because there’s literally no reaching these people?

• chakan2@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Yes…it’s a dumb comment…but it’s kind of interesting too. Are we seeing the rise of the Right in the US because short form video became popular?

• NightDice@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Short answer: No.

Long answer: no, but there is some correlation between the average attention span dropping, people enjoying short form videos, and a lack of a mind for nuance which is exploited by right wing propagandists and populists, causing a rise in right wing or even far right authoritarian politicians being elected across the world. I’m not nearly educated enough in the field to make any causation claims though (edit: except the one about propaganda exploiting a lack of nuance which causes those far right politicians to be elected, that one doesn’t need a whole lot of expertise to confirm).
      Also the US has always been a country of two conservative parties, which could have something to do with more people being susceptible to right wing propaganda

• EatMyDick@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Do you people actually know what a fucking meme is?

This sub is just tankie pictures. FML, shitty reddit client might be worth it.

Seriously, boomer tier tankie bs.