I have seen two (IMHO) incredibly cool prints in a restaurant recently. I asked the host about the artist, unfortunately he had no idea.

The style is pretty unique, so I believe the artist created more than just these two. Is there any community that could help me find her/him?

• @jeffw@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    15 days ago

Your best bet is going to be contacting local artists or the restaurant’s management. If the restaurant opened in the past few years, someone will remember who bought the art or where it was from. You might have luck on a local Lemmy community, but I doubt you’d have much luck, since most are pretty small and any given city probably has thousands of artists (assuming the person is even still active or that they were local to begin with).

You could also try reverse image searches online.

• @rclkrtrzckrOP
      link
      1315 days ago

The guy I asked at the restaurant was the owner. The prints were donated by his parents in law, they used to have a restaurant in Italy some 30 years ago. He already investigated on the artist himself …

Reverse image search - done :(

• @jeffw@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        1314 days ago

Yeah, you’re probably outta luck then. The only other idea I’d have is busting open the frame to see if there’s a signature somewhere. It could be in a bottom corner or even on the back. But that restaurant probably won’t let you bust open their framed art.

It’s possible it was just some guy that the parents in law knew. They may have never sold any work

• VaultBoyNewVegas
          link
          fedilink
          414 days ago

Could be. My sister studied art up to a level (didn’t go to uni or art college) but I think she draws/paints for some people in her free time. Her influence when doing art at GCSE and a level was a local artist called Terry Bradley who has a very distinct style, I think she would style paint that way now. she doesn’t publicize that she does artwork as far as I’m aware.

• @rclkrtrzckrOP
          link
          114 days ago

I believe it’s an offset print of some kind, which needs a lot of preparation.

• @Ludrol@szmer.info
    link
    fedilink
    214 days ago

To find it, you would need to post the question where there are actuall people from your region. Facebook groups, reddit, some other forum or site.

Don’t force Lemmy to do something it isn’t capable to do yet.