link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

I didn’t until 2022 or so. I have been repeatedly assaulted the past few years, verbally and i have been physically assaulted by them. Some of them spread rumors about me. I’m done with them now. They treated me wrongly, and now I don’t care about being friendly and welcoming to them anymore, justifiably.

Keep moral grand standing all you want. If a group of people repeatedly harassed you I don’t you’d be so high minded about it. You’re arguing genetics, I’m protecting myself from mentally unwell people who have arbitrarily decided I’m the enemy because they are on tiktok too much and believe their violence is 100% justified as long as it’s towards people who look are cishet and white.

Truth is i’m not even what they think I am. I’m gender fluid, but I just look like a cis-hit white guy, so they go apeshit on me.

• magnusrufus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I’m not trying to moral grand stand on you here. I’m saying that your reactions to your negative experiences are valid. But how far you take those reactions needs to be kept in check. Its not a high minded or aggressive stance to warn against letting the emotions of that trauma cause you to overreact. Try not to read it that way but rather as understanding and cautionary. You seem like you try to be decent and fair. You wouldn’t let one bad person from other demographics/groups/whatever dictate how you treat all them. Don’t let these handful of assholes control how you think of and treat all of trans people. Don’t become the monster they accused you of being.

• Catoblepas@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I think you should also consider that they’re probably just lying and don’t actually have these negative experiences, since they also say they got kicked out of a community garden they helped fund because they were white and kicking out white people helped the garden get more grants.

It’s just not likely that one person is a walking Fox News story, lol