• yukichigai@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

A lot of really good older games have been ported to mobile and work fantastically. Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, and Baldur’s Gate just to name a few. Hell, you can play Baldur’s Gate multiplayer, cross-platform with PC players even! There’s also fo2.exe on the Play Store, which lets you play Fallout 1 & 2 on mobile provided you have access to the files from the PC versions. Oh, and Doom ports galore, of course.

As far as mobile-only or mobile-specific games, my favorite is probably Caves, a surprisingly well done and completely free roguelike.

Also an honorable mention goes to Organ Trail, a zombie-themed take on Oregon Trail that is, frankly, just a flatly better version of the game in almost all regards. The only reason it’s not my favorite is because the controls on mobile feel awkward compared to the PC version. Still fun though.

• LilyIsWasHere@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Seconding this, it’s one of the very very few mobile games that hold up to the standards of other platforms (probably because it’s on those other platforms as well). It’s not just a good mobile game, it’s an incredible game period.

• bionicjoey@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

RCT classic is pretty good. Not as good as OpenRCT but still quite good.

Slay The Spire is also very good, though the mobile version is a bit bigger than the PC game

• Hellfire103@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

On iOS, there’s an AltStore app called PojavLauncher. It’s a launcher for Minecraft Java Edition, which is pretty awesome.

I also quite like the original Angry Birds (now called “Red’s First Flight”), but that’s £0.99.

On Android, have a look at the games category on F-Droid.

• OsrsNeedsF2P@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I work at a gaming company - Candy crush is known for employing the same tactics that keep people sitting at slot machines for 8 hours a day, and every damn PM wants to copy those patterns.