• nukul4r@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Wow, this sucks. For the team of course, and everyone who bought the game. I hoped to grab it one day, when it’s in a better state, oh well…

• ours@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Because they fumbled it all so badly at every opportunity. Shady studio takeovers, disastrous launch, mismatched price…

What a damn shame

• MurrayL@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Wow - Take Two shuttering this studio AND Roll7 (OlliOlli, Rollerdrome) just a month after they announced they’re buying Gearbox for almost half a billion. Absolutely catastrophic mismanagement. What a shitshow.

• beebarfbadger@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Absolutely catastrophic mismanagement.

Hard disagree. When the vultures gut and eat the racehorse they just bought, they’re perfectly happy with the outcome.

• DebatableRaccoon@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Given the botched launch, this isn’t much of a surprise. Only thing I can say is that I hope it serves as a lesson to people with the mindset of “this game’ll be great ^in 5 years^”

• DebatableRaccoon@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

In which case, I’ll clarify that I meant the people who bought, found it was borked then chose to wait for updates instead of getting an easily deserved refund.

• Sonicdemon86@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Yep this is what happens when an indie studio gets bought by a triple A studio. They must look like they are growing for their shareholders.

• Contramuffin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Extremely disappointed. They had some very passionate people on the project and I was hoping that they’ll turn things around over the next several years.

• Deconceptualist@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Damn, I really hope this isn’t true. I just started playing (even though my PC is below spec and I have to run it at potato quality) and I was having fun with the improvements over the original. I’ve followed the development and yeah initial launch was way premature but the 0.2 For Science! update looked to have turned things around.

But staff departure postings on LinkedIn are a very bad sign…