• Addition1291@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

For a fun prank, pour out a small drop of Nitroglycerin and smack it with a hammer to scare your friends. :^)

• hydroptic@sopuli.xyzOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Ah, a fun little joke I can do with the nitroglycerin I definitely don’t have because that would probably be illegal

• herrcaptain@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Just develop a heart condition and they’ll straight up give it to you. Easy peasy.

• LemmyKnowsBest@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

As a bonus, if we already have a heart condition and an abundant supply of prescription nitroglycerin tabs, we can perform the aforementioned prank to give all our friends heart attacks too! 😄

• Chetzemoka@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            2 months ago

I was gonna say, actually thinking about pocketing the excess next time I pull some from the Omnicell to see if this works lol

• DrRatso@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 months ago

A tab of NTG is only 0.5mg, a drop of pure NTG (so around the size of the tab) would be in the ballpark of 125 mg, so the tablet contains very little NTG. Id wager a tiny pop if any.

• LemmyKnowsBest@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                2 months ago

Maybe it’ll be like the 4th of July in your kitchen. It’s worth a try. Make sure to video it and let us know how it turns out.

• Carlo@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

For a really fun prank, coerce your friends into driving truckfuls of nitroglycerin hundreds of miles down a dodgy road through the jungle.

• FluffyPotato@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

This triggered a lost memory of watching bootleg MacGyver with some friends while getting blackout drunk celebrating Estonian reindependence after the soviet occupation collapsed. It was in German (None of us spoke German) and he was also doing something with some nitroglycerin on a truck.

• Carlo@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Sounds like a great memory! Reminds me of watching Cheaper by the Dozen while the mortars walked toward us. Highly recommend watching Sorcerer, if you’re in the mood for some nitro-fueled tension.