I live in India, how can get one? Any secure way of using a proxy address, which is also trusted.

I really, really want a smart watch, but I do not want to buy a typical one, due to privacy reasons. I use Lineage OS. Do I have any other options? Like using a smart watch without connecting it to my phone or internet at all? Using Asteroid OS and Bangle.js isn’t an option for me, I have tried a lot to find a compatible watch with no luck at all.

• @vrighter
    link
    1016 days ago

i have one, it’s not very good tbh. You would need to modify the software yourself to make it actually practical. some way to lock the screen, some way to vibrate more than one 250ms blip when an alarm is triggered, stuff like that.

• wellDuuh
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      16 days ago

As shitty as their price and/or shipping are, I would start with Amazon

• 𝒍𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒏
    link
    fedilink
    416 days ago

Are you planning to make your own OS for the watch? If so, there’s another smartwatch project called the “SQFMI Watchy” which is an esp32 combined with an e-ink display, RTC and some other sensors.

While I would highly suggest supporting the creators, there are clones on Aliexpress that may more readily ship out to your country

• @nutbutterOP
      link
      215 days ago

I am not really into development. I just really like the idea of having a smart watch.

• @nutbutterOP
      link
      115 days ago

Again, no shipping options to my country.