I think the new DLC brings some much needed features/qol, but there are still some things missing.

I wish there was an easy way to terraform into tomb worlds and leader trait pick automation.

• TrueStoryBob@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

I’ve wanted to settle the smaller moons for ages!

I like playing tall and there’s so much lunar real estate in systems that you simply cannot settle. It would only work on moons with 5-7 districts and the way it could be implemented would be similar to orbital habitats.There’d be four phases that expand the size of the settlement:

1.) Initial construction and colonization. 2.) “Outpost” with five districts, creating small settlements to light up the night side surface. 3.) “City Domes” adds more districts with small domes appearing around the equator. 4.) “World House” adding more districts and a band of glassed over habitats everywhere but the poles.

Each moon could specialize in basic resource output; this way a collection of three to four moons, built all the way out to “World House” status, would be able to support a decent sized ecumenopolis.

• r9seng@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    Deutsch
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Performance updates so that the game doesn’t slow to a PowerPoint slideshow just as it is getting interesting 😭

• Paradachshund@lemmy.today
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I want there to be more “minor crises” so to speak, like great Khan, that happen throughout the game and actually shake things up. Sometimes borders get pretty static in the mid game and it would be nice if there was more to cause some chaos. Things that actually pose a threat, too, even if it’s not a game ending threat.

• proceduralnightshade@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Better (and adjustable) random empire creation. Not just to tackle the spawn bias towards militarist empires or to deactivate certain civics (which can be done with mods), but to make the world feel more alive and to make it more idk immersive. I know this can be circumvented somewhat with pre-scripted empires, but they do not affect empires that form during the game (from a rebellion/split, Great Khan etc). This always bothered me in single player, the nations aren’t just randomly generated, they also feel like they are.

• taaz@biglemmowski.win
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Tried organic pop after playing a lot of Machine gestalts and holy shit there was so much extra micro stuff, leaders dying (this one is big the popup does not always have camera follow button), leaders getting new traits …

I went back to MI because it’s just so much simple to manage.

• Rudee@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I think making the Colossus tech not require the ascension perk would make warfare much easier for non-genocidal species. As it is, all the perk does is let you build a single ship with no combat capabilities that can trivialise planetary warfare, but only one planet at a time.

I think it should have an influence cost (discounted for militarists and maybe xenophobes) to build every time, while the ascension perk would allow you to have more at a time (maybe up to half your titan allowance), while also increasing your Juggernaut allowance.