I recently updated to fedora 40 and enabled the experimental setting to get VRR running. But I am an idiot who has been playing at frames rates between 30-60 on screens without VRR for almost all of my life so I can’t even know if VRR is actually working or not. Is there some rest I can run to see if VRR is functional¿? If not, which parts of the game should I concentrate to see the difference between VRR and no VRR¿?

Edit : I am on a laptop with the integrated screen being the one being used. I am currently using ublue-main

• @azvasKvklenko@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    212 days ago

Remember to enable vsync in game for vrr to work. Use Mangohud to see performance details. With VRR working properly, your FPS should fluctuate as you play the game, byt the feeling should be similar to having smooth vsync-ed game locked to your refresh rate with no stuttering. You can compare that to when VRR is disabled to see if it’s different. You should see the difference with bare eye.

Also VRR Test as others mentioned

• @sgibson5150@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    113 days ago

Will your display device or associated equipment tell you? My home theater receiver has a signal info button that will display the refresh rate or VRR, if enabled. Also has HDR mode if any, as well as audio input & output formats.