• Custoslibera@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Every single business in existence will sell out any value they say they hold for profit.

If they don’t another business will, welcome to capitalism.

• toyg@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

TBF, Disney is not buckling under pressure from the Florida Nazi governor.

• Chrobin
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I know that. But we still need to support the companies that do shit we want, so it’s more profitable to do so.

• nomadjoanne@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I feel a little more sympathetic to them for the Nazi stuff than for any current shit they pull.

I have to wonder, had they said no, what the German state would have then done to them. Essentially any state can require a company to produce wartime goods.

• boonhet@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

If they don’t another business will

That’s true, but just because the business that does sell out is more successful, doesn’t mean we can’t and shouldn’t buy from the businesses that didn’t sell out. Obviously they will be harder to find because they tend to be more local and/or niche (you gotta be, if you want to survive against businesses with no morals), but we all need to be doing what we can.

Of course with cars, there’s little we can do because all the privately owned companies tend to be making multi-million dollar cars. But for things like food, clothing, etc, there are often alternatives to the big name brands. You just have to look for them.