arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

On Linux, using AwesomeWM bindings:

• Caps+E, pull up emacs
    • Caps+D, pull up IDE
    • Caps+Q, pull up browser (repeated calls pull up different windows)
    • Caps+Y, pull up terminal
    • Caps+Down, split the last two called windows side by side
    • Caps+Down, undo the split
    • Caps+Up, maximize the current window

I have many more bindings, but these are the main ones and probably the only one’s I will ever need

If I need to do something concurrently I will split my focus between two tasks and no more.

If I need to edit a UI with code, I do Caps+E, do my edit, then Caps+D and refresh the UI.

I’m literally a finger away from everything, and my head does not need to move from center.

• dependencyinjection
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Hey you do you bro I’m not about to tell you how to do your shit, but I think the consensus here is pretty clear.

Anyways if it works for you then no harm no foul, just seems counter to anybody I’ve ever interacted with that’s a developer. (That’s sounds like I’m saying you’re not, and I don’t mean it that way.).

• tetris11@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Thank you! It’s not often that users on Lemmy reply with such openness and honesty, instead of hiding behind the skirt of sarcasm

• witx@lemmy.sdf.org
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 month ago

It was a bit tongue in cheek I know. I have a very similar setup, but why being judgemental with such a simple thing? It seems like a waste of time and energy. You need those to tweak the setup instead.

• tetris11@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 month ago

Cos. Superiority complex. No true hacker should need more than a harddrive and a needle to flip bits to do what they need to do in a pinch