This was a rare moment where I actually had to think to find it. Can you?

Screenshot is from a solver I found online because I didn’t think to take a screenshot until I already opened the safe square.

• brian@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

It’s interesting to see two answers having directly opposing answers.

But I do believe >!the 4/2/1 corner must be a bomb, the one above must be safe!<

• NeatNitOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

That is correct! The spoiler markdown doesn’t work on my end (browser on desktop) but the others didn’t even bother, so no matter!

• Euphorazine@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

The corner of 1,2,4 on the left must be a bomb.

In the bottom gap, either side of the 1 being a bomb causes the 1,2,4 corner to be a bomb.

If the bomb is right of the 1, then the square above and below the 4 must be bombs because of the 2.

If the bomb is to the left of 1, the 2,2,3,3 forces one of the squares below the second 2 to be a bomb, which means the square below the 4 must be safe, so the square above 4 must be a bomb.

• brian@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

If the bomb is to the left of the one, there could still be another bomb directly next to it, no?

• Euphorazine@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

No, the 3 below the two 1s has a shared partner with the 2 to it’s left. So because it has a bomb directly above it, it must have one more below it. Therefore the space under the 4 would be empty and the space above it would have to be a bomb for the upper 2.

• brian@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Got it now, you’re very right. I didn’t evaluate that 3 correctly at all.

• GCanuck@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Top blank square. The two 1’s at the bottom prove it. Bottom 1 has two unknowns. Which means one of them is the bomb. Which means the bottom mystery square can’t be the bomb which means the top square is the bomb.