link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

The merger is the only thing keeping both T-Mobile and Sprint afloat. Verizon, AT&T and congress killed price competition. Blame them, lol

• SoylentBlake@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I wonder if the FTC didn’t fight it because they knew this would happen - because of course it would, and now Lina Khan is just getting her margins right to hit both Tmob and Verizon with antitrust.

God I fucking hope so.

And slap Comcast and Cox fucking senseless while yr at it Lina. Please…? I’ll make you dinner everyday for like a month. If you could get fiber classified as a public utility I’ll be yr personal chef for a year. Who could say no to that?

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I was on t mo’s “top tier” magenta max plan.

Now, you can’t even get very good deals on a trade in phone with that plan because they created something else to phase out magenta max. I think the only benefit over magenta max is like 10GB more hotspot data. 50 instead of 40.

But you need that plan (which of course, is more expensive) if you want the same types of trade in deals you used to get on Max.

Neither which really affects me too much, because I haven’t gotten a phone through a carrier plan in like a decade. My 4 year old current phone isn’t going away any time soon, either. The last descent phone with a micro sd card slot. Note 20 Ultra.

• cm0002@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Things started going downhill after Legere stepped down from CEO

But yea, I’m not too affected by trade in deals either, but for different reasons. I just keep “jumping” every year lmao except for the phone I had prior to this one, it currently sits as my longest in use phone at 2.5 years and mostly just because I was committed to having a foldy for my next phone, but had to wait for the pixel fold to drop because I CANNOT stand Samshit phones in general, but also Samshits foldy offering is WAY too narrow lol