lmao lmao.

Reminder that Texas is a separate grid, which is deregulated and financialized, according to neoliberal ideals of efficiency.

• emizeko [they/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I would never live in Texas but if I did I would have like 20kW of batteries on the wall of my McMansion’s garage and a generator, they would pay for themselves within a couple years of this bullshit

• Mactan [he/him]@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

the inevitable end for those with the wealth to survive the mortgaging of our utilities. you will have to have water treatment too because the water from your municipality or well will not be safe

• Snackuleata [any]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

That is the solution most people go for. Rather than get mad and demand power be a public utility, rugged individualism prevails, everyone who can buys a generator, and the poor get shamed for being idiots for not buying one and deserving to suffer for their mistake. I’m still a bit bitter arguing with people that the government should do basic infrastructure spending on the power grid and being told instead everyone should only look out for themselves. I’m glad I moved out.