Trump has a very long history of using this kind of thing to say what the campaign is thinking about doing.

If you want to stop that kind of fascist outcome, about the only real option is to make sure Biden gets reelected and has a Democratic congress to help him.

That means three things:

• bstix@feddit.dk
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Let’s entertain the idea that an unknown staffer accidentally missed the word… Why was the word even there in the first place?? It really shouldn’t be necessary to check your drafts or templates for accidental nazi references.

• CouncilOfFriends@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

When a campaign hires staffers like Stephen Miller, and the candidate has said neo-nazis and white supremacists are fine people, that right there is likely the reason.

• Asafum@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

"At least one of the headlines flashing in the video appears to be text that is copied verbatim from a Wikipedia entry on World War I: “German industrial strength and production had significantly increased after 1871, driven by the creation of a unified Reich.”

That’s definitely a strange thing to go searching to put on your propaganda piece. IDK who actually made the video though.

Reminds me of a joke “now I’m not saying the president is a Nazi, all I’m saying is Nazis love the president.”

• Omgarm@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Even if it references the unification of germany in the 19th century there’s no way most of his base thinks of that Reich when seeing the word.

• Suavevillain@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Right Wingers when Joe Biden stood behind some Red lighting: “This is the end of our republic, this man is evil.”

Right Wingers when Trump is using Nazi messaging for the 100th time: “Mainstream media is always lying, Fake news fellow patriots.”

• Blackmist@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Conservative cognitive dissonance is wild.

Hates Jews. Defends Israel to the death.

You have to wonder if they even know that Israel is full of Jews…

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

The 30-second video appeared on Trump’s account at a time when the presumptive Republican nominee for president, while seeking to portray President Joe Biden as soft on antisemitism, has himself repeatedly faced criticism for using language and rhetoric associated with Nazi Germany.

It was posted and shared on the former president’s Truth Social account while he was on a lunch break from his Manhattan hush money trial.

“This was not a campaign video, it was created by a random account online and reposted by a staffer who clearly did not see the word, while the President was in court,” Karoline Leavitt, the campaign press secretary, said in a statement.

It seems these two statements are in contradiction. Also. It was totally a staffer who didn’t see the bits about a reich. Yeah. it was an honest mistake, and not even more nazi rhetoric from the orange turd that has been using nazi rhetoric since his first presidential campaign…

• Passerby6497@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

I stopped being surprised by Nazi trump around the $88 baseball and the ‘14 word’ immigrant bill.

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

NEW YORK (AP) — A video posted to Donald Trump’s account on his social media network Monday included references to a “unified Reich” among hypothetical news headlines if he wins the election in November.

It was posted and shared on the former president’s Truth Social account while he was on a lunch break from his Manhattan hush money trial.

Earlier this month, Trump said at a fundraiser that Biden is running a “Gestapo administration,” referring to the secret Nazi police force.

Trump previously used rhetoric echoing Adolf Hitler when he said immigrants entering the U.S. illegally are “poisoning the blood of our country,” and called his opponents “vermin.”

At least one of the headlines flashing in the video appears to be text that is copied verbatim from a Wikipedia entry on World War I: “German industrial strength and production had significantly increased after 1871, driven by the creation of a unified Reich.”

In one image, the headlines “Border Is Closed” and “15 Million Illegal Aliens Deported” appear above smaller text with the start and end dates of World War I.

The original article contains 377 words, the summary contains 180 words. Saved 52%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• lemmus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I look forward to the enlightened and unifying rule of Fürer Trumpf and have never, not once, questioned his mental faculties, business acumen, or bladder strength.

• silence7@slrpnk.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

If that’s what they started with, they managed to make significant edits, notably rescaling and moving the “unified third reich” text way to the left, while choosing to leave it in the final video.

• masquenox@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Gee… I guess most people in the US haven’t yet realized why the US is constantly “defending” itself by sowing mass-murder and misery in everybody else’s countries?

Either that… or liberals are just really sore at Trump for saying the quiet part out loud.