• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

So we take the “Lock Him Up” approach and if anyone has a problem with that, we lock them up too.

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Yea, because locking a guy up who is blatantly threatening witnesses and prosecutors in criminal cases against him- despite numerous warnings not to- is so tyrannical.

If trump wasn’t a rich white ex president, he would have been arrested the night of, held until trial in prison and convicted with in a few months.

The real tyranny here is the dual justice systems in which this idiot walks free despite trying to overturn the government and walking out with some of the nations secrets is treated like kid gloves with nothing happening for over 2 and a half years.

• Riccosuave@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

He would have been arrested the night of, held until trial in prison and convicted with in a few months.

The really irritating part is this isn’t even conjecture. Over a 1000 convictions have already been secured in connection to January 6th, many of those people were held pending trial, and for fucks sake some of them are already out of prison before Trump has even had his day in court.

Anybody who can’t see the hypocrisy in that, and identify how that implicitly constitutes a two tiered justice system is either brainwashed or so full of shit their eyes are brown. Facts matter, accountability matters, democracy is not a given, and it is about god damn time we start taking each of those things seriously.

• Squirrel@thelemmy.club
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

That’s what gets me. It’s not like he was smart about it. It’s not like he tried to hide it. No, he does stuff in broad fucking daylight, openly admits it, and still gets off scot free! Not only that, but his cult of nutjob dumbasses worships him for it, all while acting like it’s tHe OtHeR SiDe commiting treason.

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

Interestingly… I looked it up on chat gpt.

As of ‘21, the person with the most felonies appears to be richard Ramirez at 43 (murder, attempted murder, sexual assault and burglary)

another guy initially pointed to- Richard McCoy - had 16 in DB cooper like hijackings.

Granted it’s chatgpt… but trump truly is “uprecedendted” (In his scope of criminality.)

• Aylex@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              11 months ago

I strongly suggest you don’t treat a language learning model as a search engine or any kind of artificial intelligence. It is not.

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                11 months ago

and that’s exactly why I flaggd it as coming from chat GPT. combing through the literally thousands of jurisdictions in the US to find the most felonious guy is… not something I have time for and a quick search turned up nothing about the actual subject. feel free to drop a more reliable source, though.

• atocci@kbin.social
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  11 months ago

Bing Chat does a proper search at least before it starts making claims. I use it a lot.

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                11 months ago

golf clap

Nice. I didn’t know that.

Search engines came up with “percentage of us population incarcersted” and “number of us felons”,

So, me, not wanting to do a doctoral thesis level of research used a tool get an answer. If you happen to have a better answer…. By all means…

But just uselessy pointing out a fact i already knew… (and the reason I flagged it as being the source…) …