• gazter@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      25 days ago

Enough to colour the analysis, but without overreaching due to the authors fondness for the subject. It was a great read!

• Mossy Feathers (They/Them)@pawb.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

Not gonna lie, I think Traveller has the best cover art for a game, period. TTRPGs, video games, board games, card games, I legit think Traveller is at least top 10, if not number 1. I have never seen cover art that has made me feel so compelled to try out the game and make me wish I had people to play it with. It tells you about the game’s theme, setting, gameplay and I imagine, conveys the way the game actually feels to play without any actual artwork.

Are there any other games that can claim the same? That’s a serious question, I’m legit scratching my brain trying to think of other games with cover art that hits as hard as Traveller’s, actual “artwork” or not.

Traveller’s cover art is just on another level.

• mynachmadarch@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      24 days ago

It could just be nostalgia, but I put the Halo 1 box art up there. Not too complex, obviously action game, obviously sci-fi. But for sure Traveler is top 10.

• PrinceWith999Enemies@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

Traveller, Aftermath (post-apocalyptic), Top Secret (spies and terrorists), and Villains & Vigilantes (super heroes) are all lost in the sands of time for me, but I really loved them all.