So ive been thinking about making a comic and currently im trying to think of an idea while doing research. I plan on making a short comic with ai because i can only draw stick men, and i think ai art is cool but its nowhere near human art. Im thinking of putting some mature themes in some comics like slight gore, lovey-dovey things like hand holding and such?, and possibly action scenes.

is there a good place to post this kind of stuff without paying, i know there are webtoons and Amazon but i heard they can be strict or slow, is that true? ive tried making comics many times and my art still stinks but i hope ai art will teach me something, also what software is best for comic making (like working with images)?

feel free to add something but please be nice.

• simple@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

There are quite a few websites for hosting webcomics but the issue is that AFAIK all of them banned AI related stuff whether it be because artists dislike it or them being seen as low effort spam. That’s going to be the hardest part of convincing others to give your comic a shot.

For programs I suggest Krita, professional artists use it and it even comes with comic templates to get you started with panels.

• Jackie's Fridge@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I started with stick comics. XKCD still draws stick comics. If the story is compelling, people can get invested in your creation. If you want to do action sequences, etc. do 'em with a sense of humour (and stick people) and the right audience will be on board.

• Dizzy Devil Ducky@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

There is a hard limit on the amount you can upload and such, but you can create a Neocities site.

Only thing you need is a working email, a username, and to know a little bit of HTML/CSS/possibly Java (which is optional unless you don’t want a static site).

It has a free tier, but since storage for your site is limited, it might not be the best long term solution. It’s also not if you decide to pay the $5 monthly tier for more storage since once you run out of storage on either plan, you cannot upload more files (except if you go from the free tier to the $5 tier).

Also, the $5 tier might be more since I have not checked in a while since I just use the free tier for a static site.

• dylanmorgan@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Practice drawing. Get an artist’s anatomy book and practice. Pick something you see every day and draw it every day. If you have an idea for a comic, write and draw it. You will get better with practice. Start with pencil and paper, an art app will be much more useful if you already have the drawing chops.

Don’t use AI art because that just recycles other people’s art without crediting them or paying them.